.. first of all, Happy New Year to everyone. Hope the year brings nothing
but the best for everyone -- in terms of health, love, happiness and being
I'm sitting here at work and come up with my goals for 2007....
1. Run 2400- 2500 miles for the year. This averages out to about 50
miles/week. Most of this is to be determined, but with the aggressive
schedules i have in mind, should not be too much. I"ll modify if I need
2. Run at least one marathon sub 5:00. I'm thinking this is totally
possible,as I was at this during Chicago of this year. I'll see after
Disney this year.
3. Join the running club I have been thinking about for almost a year. I'm
queen of the procrastinators, but it would be good for dave and I to meet
4. Register for Chicago early (*this is DONE, already.... didn't want to
procrastinate about this one*.) This way, I'm already committed. All I
need to do now is to get airfare for me and Dave. And I already saw some
5. Get PR's for some other distances. Will take a little speed work to do
this, but joining the aforementioned running club has track workouts, so i
may just get my wish.
6. Do a century bike ride. LOoking into this now; but we'll see how things
go with marathon training. It would be really cool if Dave does this with
me. He's actually up to some decent distances, so maybe it might be
something for us to do together. There is an MS ride in MA in May or June
when we are planning to be up there, so that might work out good....
7. Stay injury free and happy. Keep Dave healthy and happy.... and try
not to work 65-70 hr workweeks... ..
That is the gist of it...
Gotta update the race calendar. I've got a bunch coming up....
OK, back to the grind. I've been goofing off too long... (maybe in prep for